View Single Post

Old 02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Homeowners Association Fee's

floydfan:

I think it appropriate to clarify Muncle's info a little.

There are really two associations. Neither are budget-busting!

The Villages Homeowners Assn (VHA) is the larger of the two and presents a generally more positive view of things. It is true that it is sanctioned by The Developer, but, so far as I know, not financially supported by The Developer. Dues are $12 per household for two years, or $60 for a lifetime membership. Its monthly newsletter is distributed with the Daily Sun, and includes updates on TV's "governmental activities" as well tose of the VHA's regions. Very positive outlook - in POA's eyes, far too much so.

The Prorerty Owners Assn (POA) is smaller. It purports to better represent the residents, but its stance, expressed in its monthly "newsletter" is grindingly negative, imho. Dues are $6 per household for one year.

I don't want to get into a long-winded discussion in this forum about these two groups, as there is definitely quite a lot of animosity between them I joined VHA in the first month after arriving here 3 years ago and have found them and their works very acceptable. My only real contact with POA has been their newsletter and it really turns me off because it goes on and on and on and on about a variety of matters it deems "bad."

SWR