View Single Post

Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Very Important: CBS, Concrete block and stuccco, versus vinyl frame construc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket
Hi,

Somewhere on one of the threads there was a discussion about this. If I recall correctly, do not know the percentages, people who had the stucco house noticed that there was a crack in the stucco. I do not recall if they stated whose responsibility it was to correct this problem.

My suggestion would be to use the search area in the tool bar to find this thread.

Hope this helps.

Hyacinth Bucket
Not sure what you are referring to by "a crack in the stucco". In my experience, any kind of cement can crack. A hair-line crack, here and there, in a patio or garage floor would be somewhat normal. Even in a CBS house. I was told to look for cracks in the outside walls near the windows. Sure enough, descending down from the corners of some of the windows were hairline cracks. It's part of the settling process. I caulked them to be sure that I do not let any moisture in through the cracks. And I used caulk that matched the color of the house so I don't have to paint to cover. Fortunately, almond caulk just about matches. And the repairs are so small they'd be all but invisible even if the color wasn't close.