View Single Post

Old 12-09-2016, 02:58 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I posted this January 2016. There are many threads about this company.

You need to check to see if it is the Dodd brothers where one was arrested. Do a google search on the on line newspaper for The Villages. I used the brothers in 2012 early. Had to chase them but I got the job done. If this is the same brothers, you need to find out as one may be on probation for doing this type of thing. Not saying they are the same, but google the name. There are parents that may be involved too in the business....FOLLOW UP. Devin Dodd is the one who was arrrested.

THIS IS THE ARTICLE BUT IT IS FROM AUGUST 2015. (And his brother had been on probation and that is part of the reason I got our work done in 2012 as Devin and his mother did not want me to report his brother, can't remember if it is your guy or not) So they did the work. But is was by threatening...

A story published earlier this week on a landscaper who had been sentenced in connection with ripping off Villagers failed to include his full sentence. Here is article. Don't know if you have the brother.

Devin Alvin Dodd, 23, was sentenced Aug. 13 in Sumter County Court to five years probation on a charge of grand theft. He was sentenced to 130 days in jail with credit for time already served. He was ordered to pay $32,942.50 in restitution. Dodd was also assessed $1,843.53 in fines and court costs.

Some of that information was not included in the original story because it was not originally posted in the online court documents. The original story has been updated.

Dodd had been accused of taking thousands of dollars from Villagers and not delivering promised work. In November, December and January, Dodd allegedly contacted five different Villagers about doing landscaping work. In each of the cases, he asked for half of the money up front. One of the Villagers wrote a check totaling $4,432. Dodd allegedly cashed the checks and never did the work.

When the Villagers called him to complain, he stopped answering his phone.

In July, Dodd was sentenced to 60 days in jail for driving on a suspended license. It was his second conviction for driving on a suspended license.