View Single Post

Old 01-02-2017, 10:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
I know this has been said many times before..... if you are experiencing an emergency, or needing immediate attention..... call 911....... care starts immediately when the paramedics arrive and is continued during transport. You are taken directly into the ER..... not the waiting room.... you are triaged there. And yes, at TVRH you may still have a wait, but you are safer there than sitting in the waiting room. And certainly safer than getting back in a car and heading for Leesburg or Ocala..... If this was a CVA (stroke), care would have been initiated in the ambulance. This could have been a fatal trip to Leesburg. There are so many variables. It is just always safer to call 911. Especially this time of year.... when all local hospitals may be on divert....
I agree! Last Spring I was having issues so went to see my primary. I was checked from stem to stern there without finding anything wrong but was told "IF" this happens again...call 911. It did happen again and that's what we did. Did I wait in the ER...yes but they kept checking on me and when it was available, the next test was done. The ER along with their X-ray, lab etc serves the hospital as well as the patients that come in. Triage is what they do. IF I'd have been having a stroke, heart attack was bleeding profusely I venture to say I'd have been put at the head of the line in triage. IF there are issues you feel need to be addressed then by all means contact the hospital administrator. They can't "fix" something unless they know about it.