Thread: Landscaping
View Single Post

Old 01-09-2017, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobilone View Post
My wife and I are moving in on February 6th. We will obviously have to start thinking of upgrading the meager landscaping package that comes with the new purchase.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to where we might find a reasonably priced nursery to purchase decent greenery?
You'll find many nurseries down here to choose from. KB, Fairfield Farms, Goney's, just to name a few. Home Depot and Lowe's also carry a good variety of plants, which are backed by a one year warranty. Another consideration of doing it on your own is the possibility (high likelihood) that your irrigation will need to be modified. If you are comfortable doing this, its not hard, but can be labor intensive. You will also find numerous landscape companies. A search of this site will yield many, many helpful posts about recommendations, and who to stay away from.

My wife and I used Jason Schmidt Landscaping Professionals (352) 425-6361, and found them to be extremely professional and very responsive. If you decide to not tackle this project yourself, please consider calling them.