Thread: Uber in TV
View Single Post

Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
No inspections in Florida for personal cars, so no idea about 'professional or corporate' cars, and I have never seen an inspection station. I did see somewhere the requirements for an Uber driver, as I recall (and I may be wrong), a newer vehicle (less then 5 years old?), 4 doors, clean driving record, etc. My insurance policy specific limits coverage IF the vehicle is being used for business purposes.
As for tips, I was under the impression that these were INCLUDED in the fee, so there was no cash involved at all.
It was no cash needed, but recently tip is no longer included. Used them this weekend in Chicago. Saved $65 each way to and from airport, compared to taxi, and shuttle service. Fares change, depending on time of day. If you add app to your phone you can check cost at different times of the day. We saved $30 by leaving 1 hour later on trip to the city. All drivers were friendly and good drivers. Clean cars ( 2 Cadillacs and a highlander) It only takes one complaint and uber is on it. Felt much safer than the last taxi ride in Chicago.
You can go online to uber to see how drivers are paid and how it works.