Thread: Uber in TV
View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
My wife and I travel heavily, both domestically and internationally. We use Uber almost everywhere we go due to the convenience, friendly drivers, much nicer cars, and major discounts compared to traditional cabs. No cash is required after the ride, no tipping, and all drivers get reviewed by their riders which is easily seen online. This is a real displacement technology and we are surprised it is not used a lot in The Villages. It is also a great opportunity for folks here that need some part-time work.

You are absolutely INCORRECT regarding tipping for Uber drivers. Just because Uber advertises that it is "cashless" does not mean you shouldn't tip!! There are many articles on the internet that list not tipping something that passengers do to Uber drivers that is not appreciated by the drivers. Rating 4 stars for a good ride is another.

Do you also realize that the rating system is a 2 way street? I personally know several Uber drivers and many of them will not pick up riders with lower ratings, and they also give riders a low rating for not tipping.