Thread: Impatients
View Single Post

Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

I do not mind grocery store lines at all. I use the time to read the "National Enquirer" -- yes, I know, that tabloid mess (that was redundant) is a big, hideous joke. I would never buy it. But I just gotta look......I particularly like to see the plastic surgery photos. And I have to see how my fellow-boomers Cher and Dolly are doing -- even though that tabloid tells big lies about them, too.

Once at Pinellas, I found myself in a line that was growing restless because the person checking out had about a million product questions she kept asking the cashier. The cashier was trying to be polite and was succeeding, although she started to look like a little butterfly having her wings pulled off.

Anyway, I could feel the tension behind me......so I turned around, smiled my very best smile, started a conversation, and read those "National Enquirer" headlines to the rest of the lineup. (in my Midwest accent, I must add) -- Anyway, we had a little fun before we went our separate ways. Everybody was smiling.

But (sigh) that was a couple of years ago. Now, in these angry, angry times, reading the current tabloid headlines aloud in a grocery line could lead to a knock-down-drag-out........

Last edited by Boomer; 01-11-2017 at 09:20 AM.