Thread: Mahjong
View Single Post

Old 07-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Default Re: Mahjong

One of my goals for my retirement life was to learn how to play bridge..........and this has become a very humbling experience. After a few years and lessons, I still consider myself a novice or perhaps an advanced novice. One of my bridge friends said that she enjoyed mah jongg more than bridge so thanks to Harriet and Joan, I'm now a mah jongg addict! Both games are great for our brain cells but I enjoy mah jongg because you play your own hand and don't have to worry about communicating with a partner. Also, your
hand is hidden so seldom does anyone know when you screw up! We sometimes play with three people which is almost as much fun as with four.

Since we're snowbirds, I was concerned about finding mah jongg here in Colorado but found that it's becoming quite popular ------ lessons available and games at the local rec centers. Now I've got several of my friends playing. They love it and have purchased their sets. Several bike to mah jongg which satisfies their physical, mental and social needs quickly..........wish I could say that I was one of them!

Hope to play mah jongg with some TOTV'ers when I return.