View Single Post

Old 01-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Default Post office delivery problems

Just curious if anyone else is/has had delivery issues with the Lady Lake post office. When I talk to people around the community, I almost always get a horror story about misdirected/misdelivered/delayed mail. I have experienced it with home delivery (nearly 200 pieces of mail appeared in a parcel locker one day with a range of postmarks spanning two months) and business delivery (letters being delivered to neighboring businesses, letters being returned to sender because the address is not 100% correct and even letters being delivered to businesses clear across town). I remember the days when I knew my mailman by name, greeted him, passed the time and thanked him for getting that piece of mail to me that had the wrong house number but he knew was mine. No "return to sender" because they misspelled my street name. The issue is never a one time thing, it's constant. My interaction with the postmaster usually ends with him trying to place blame on me. His reasoning for the nearly 200 pieces of mail being held/delayed was that I didn't pick up my mail often enough. His personnel failed to follow the proper procedures regarding that mail, yet he felt it was better to blame me. I read about a person who had a 5 figure check delayed for several months do to issues with this post office. I've experienced problems, read about them, spoke to Congressman Ginny Browne-Waite and spoke to countless residents about them. Is it just me??