View Single Post

Old 06-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

I am just heart sick for you, I am sure you are beside yourself with worry. Never give up hope....doggies have been known to find their way back home even months later.
I've been trying to come up with a few more thoughts, as you seem to have come up with great ideas as well as the other wonderful TOTV'ers.
Small dogs can hide in small places when they are scared, perhaps a garage door or shed door that may have been left open? Under a parked car, bushes. Maybe she is hanging out closer to one of the ponds for a drink of water? Dogs listen for the doggie whistle....then wait and you might hear her trying to call back to you.
I think a search is a wonderful idea! A group of volunteers could meet in a specific spot and some can search either in their golf carts or walking. Hmmm...maybe carrying a treat might help to entice her to come.
Again...you have probably thought of these ideas...but just in case. You could check the "found" ads in the paper. Visit the animal shelters daily, even the veternarian's office, someone may have brought her to their vet. (not that she is hurt or sick, but as a safe place to drop her off till her owners find her.).
And last but not least....kids!!! Kids are a wonderful source for finding a lost pet. Maybe some flyers at the family pools, or events where children attend while visiting their grandparents. And the local schools too.
Whewww okie, I am winded now from talking too much, but I will pray and pray and Gianna comes home soon.
P.S. I know I said I was done but....as per Nonie's suggestion about the psychic. Its a personal preference....but knowing me...I would probably try it. Good luck to you!!!
Jeanne
P.S.S. I would love to help in the search, but stuck in NY.