View Single Post

Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapequeen View Post
What has your experience been if you have had knee replacements? I need both of mine replaced and I want to find out from others what they think about the ordeal. I appreciate your input.
I had both of my knees replaced and on the same day. I had no other option I was in that bad condition.

Having my knees replaced was a rebirth! After the procedure and rehab therapy I was able to walk my dog for an hour with no pain and ride my bike as long as I liked. I could dance again and shop all I wanted to upright on two feet.
The recovery period is a bit long but so worth it. I had therapists with golden hands who did so much to help me gain my independence. Before the surgery in November 1999 I was in a wheelchair. After knee replacement my life changed drastically and I felt so free to be able to do things without pain.

I wish I would have had someone take a picture of me with the two leg supports and walker then the electric wheelchair I was stuck in before I had the knee replacements.

All surgeries are scarey and I know you are afraid of whether or not there will be pain afterward. Take it from me GO FOR IT! It is the best gift I have ever given to myself.