Thread: US-301 or I-75?
View Single Post

Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM

My wife and I debate the merits of these two options on occasion, since we drive down to TV from New Jersey every couple of months. Staying on I-10W and picking up I-75S will definitely put more miles on your vehicle. The advantages are that this route allows one basically to leave the cruise control on, and it avoids the aforementioned speed traps on 301. Sometimes I simply do not feel like slowing down to 45MPH, then 35MPH, then 25MPH at the end of a 19-hour journey.
My wife's point of view is that there is no reason to add 40 extra miles to the odometer if you are not going to reduce the duration of the drive. And the psychological impact of driving away from your destination does seem to be a downer. Furthermore, she makes sure that we do not run afoul of the local constabulary by pointing out all of the speed changes on 301 to me.
Although we have taken the I-10/I-75 path twice, I am not sure we will do it again.
Funny, northbound we never even consider taking I-75/I-10. We always take 27/441 up to 301.
Whichever path you take, have a safe trip!!!
GeorgeIII