Thread: US-301 or I-75?
View Single Post

Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Default !-95 301

My hubby and I have visited TV several times and here is how the route we take from our home in Va. We take I-95 all the way to Walterboro SC. We generally arrive there in the late afternoon. This gives us time to have a leisure dinner and get to bed early. After driving through a large part of Va, all of NC and SC we are fairly tired from sitting all day.
The next morning we try to be on the road by 9am at the latest and drive on I-95 to Florida, then take the bypass around Jacksonville and pick-up I-10 W. We get off 301 and go towards Ocala. This is where I switch with hubby because he (probably like most men!) doesn't like to speed up and then slow down. He wants to keep the cruise control on all the time. I actually prefer the change in speed limits because he keeps me more alert. I have not gotten a speed ticket yet either. Also, I enjoy the scenery as we approach Ocala...the horse farms are very nice to see. Once we get to Ocala I then go the 27/441 route to TV. As someone else said....and we feel the same.....we don't like the constant speed of driving on the interstate and 301 is not at all crowded and it is 4 lanes divided. So this is the preferred route that I like to take.