View Single Post

Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Sage

When we moved here in 2006, Clear Link installed our Comcast equipment. Subsequent repairs, installations, equipment has been done by Comcast. Initially, I didn't have too much that was favorable to say about Comcast, but things have so improved that even I'm surprised. A tech was just out here yesterday to replace a DVR that had a bad hard drive. While here, he determined that one room wasn't getting a particularly good signal and rectified the problem. Dealing with them on the phone is still a little iffy at times. They have been prompt with repair service when we've needed it. The Villages isn't Lady Lake or Fruitland Park and for a while we had services that weren't available in other locales and also other locales had services we didn't yet have. When you call, I'm not sure where your call ends up so things can get confusing...for you and for them. Hang in there and call again if the answer you get isn't satisfactory. I knew a particular service was available, but a call to a Comcast rep said it wasn't. Just called again a few minutes later and got the answer and service package I wanted. I know that sounds like a contradiction saying that they're much better but phone communications aren't, but they really are much better and if I want to talk face to face with someone, I'll just head to the office on 441 across from Walmart.