Thread: age requirement
View Single Post

Old 08-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Gold member
Default lots of college age kids in TV

Talk to some of the servers in restaurants and other places. There are lots of college age or post high school age kids in TV who live for now with parent(s). There are lots of these kids everywhere, especially with the current economy.

A server at Mallory Hill told our group that he was establishing Florida residency (he and his parents had just moved a few months before) so he could pay in-state tuition and Leesburg Comm College (I think that was the one he mentioned), and would probably still live at home for at least a couple of years while he went to school.

I think it will happen more and more as the youngest baby boomers and beyond start retiring. They are more likely to have delayed having their kids until their 30s (or beyond, God help them), and thus their kids won't be sprung from the nest until their parents are sometimes in their 60s.

Guess that's maybe a good reason to make the adult pools 30 and over - I used to wonder about the age cutoff (why 30 and not 18 or 19)? If I were 25 I wouldn't want to hang out ALL the time with us geezers, and we geezers usually don't want to hang out ALL the time with the 20 somethings.

By the way, the ones who live there all kind of know where to hang out with the other regular residents their age after work/school hours. I think that's kind of neat - another subculture, just like the rest of us have our regular groups and hangouts after awhile.