View Single Post

Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
It's hard to determine if there are better values out there if we don't know what you are now paying. If it doubled from $100 to $200 than I don't know of a better rate. If it doubled from $400 to $800 then you may want to shop around (I believe we pay approx $400-450 at Allstate.)

That being said, I think the insurance rates for LSVs are much too high given the potential liabilities that they entail. Since the largest component of insurance cost is to pay for the damage caused to other people and their property, it is hard to reconcile that a vehicle that goes a max speed of 25 MPH, weighs a fraction of the weight of a car or truck and is driven at most 2,000 miles per year, should pay comparable insurance to what a car or truck (which can do far more damage) does.
Thanks
Great info yes, $400 to $800 was the number,
We like the construction of the GEM.
Real steel, real glass, real wipers...
After seeing these in use all over DC by the feds, police, etc we figured they were a good machine, though twice the investment of a standard cart.
We are not golfers but had the golf compatible wheels installed for renters
In addition to the psychic club, are you by chance in or familiar with a GEM or LSV club in TV?
Not that we are 'enthusiasts' that want to go to GEM rallies, but just for info

L and L

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible