View Single Post

Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We have the same thing when we leave too. Sometimes someone is having a driveway done and know that we aren't there...or

We have a neighbor who bought a couple of years before retiring and their home sits empty. Most of us have parked in their driveway for one reason or another for a short time; a garage-driveway party, extra guests, etc.

If you are really anxious, call the sheriff and ask him to run the plates.

I wouldn't hesitate to email the neighbor that you know.

My first reaction is that it is probably something innocent.

Did your house sitter say whether it was a regular van or a service type van? If it was a service type van, than I would really be worried.

I will drive by tomorrow and look.

Our next door neighbor's boyfriend parked in our driveway when we weren't here. We came one weekend and he was in our driveway. We could get by his car and pull under the carport. He came out within minutes as we were unloading the car, apologized and said he'd move the car.

We told him we didn't mind if he parked there at the end of the drive. Asked him not to block us in and asked if his car leaked oil. lol He never parked there when we were home, but he did when we were gone (before we were FROGs-that sounds nice. We are FROGS!)

Anyway, I felt more secure knowing there was a car in our driveway making it look like someone was home. I told our other-side-neighbor she could let her overflow traffic park in our drive when we aren't home. She thanked me and said she'd be sure to let me know before they did so if we got any phone calls about strange cars in our drive.