Thread: Family Pools
View Single Post

Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
This is the first time my grandchildren have visited since warm weather and we were very disappointed at our experience at our nearest family pool. The rules seemed a little excessive and those in charge seemed to be a little overly agressive. We have little ones and were told that no pool toys were allowed. Really? In a family pool where children are expected? No one was really rude but rather extremely "eager" to make sure no rubber duckies escaped into the water. I'm a little confused and wonder if others could explain the reasons for such strictness. I understand the need for rules but small children with age appropriate toys should be tolerated IMHO.
The rules are the rules. They are spelled out in the telephone book and somewhere on the recreation web site (I could not find them). Trouble might be what is "age appropriate", what age or what is appropriate. Solves a lot of confusion if the items are predefined what can be taken into the pools.
My grandkids easily adapted to the rules and have fun with the noodles we always take with us.
Also, not sure what you mean by "should be tolerated" by whom?