Thread: Family Pools
View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm trying to imagine bringing my 2 YO grandson to a family pool during spring break. He wants his floating Mickey, a bucket (allowed) and at least one other bath toy. He'll be wearing his floaties (allowed) and I'll have his small inner tube (allowed). I'll have my noodle chair (allowed) and a couple of noodles (also allowed). My daughter will have another noodle chair (allowed). Another family brings their two grandchildren and 3 toys for each grandchild. And so on and so forth. That means every family is probably bringing at least 3 allowed items. That's going to make for quite a bit of things in the pool (besides the people). Now, imagine if other toys were allowed as well.

I understand your frustration but I also understand the reason for these rules. We all want to enjoy the pool and it really wouldn't be much fun if we constantly had to dodge toys (and kids don't put one toy away when they're ready to play with the next -- they would all be in the pool with them).

And I totally agree that a few wading pools next to the deeper family pools would be a truly great thing.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein