View Single Post

Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Gold member
Default varies

Well, you pretty much cover all the seasons in Florida in those 3 months!

October is usually still pretty hot, but cooling. Around mid-October, weather can be beautiful, or still hot (but it's usually now cooler in the mornings and evenings). You will need summer-weight clothes, with sweaters for some restaurants (a/c).

November is usually very pleasant, but can still have some hot days, or some windy, cool days, or rainy days.

December can also be really nice; however I came down for a week about 3 years ago and hit a cold, windy snap - wished I had gloves for golf and wore a t-shirt, sweatshirt and golf pullover to play golf - and was still too cold. We just hit the wrong week - the rest of the month was generally lovely.

Last year, December was mostly cold and windy a few nice days here and there - but that was unusual. I'd say you need more than a sweater, though, unless you are just going from zipped up golf cart or car into a store or restaurant. I'd bring at least one warm jacket and a couple pairs of jeans/pants. And socks!

And yes, everything is casual unless you plan to go to an upscale restaurant in Orlando somewhere.