View Single Post

Old 09-13-2011, 08:06 PM

First, we had our tile sealed by a professional to prevent staining and all those problems you get with tile. We changed the grout color on the floor because the product applied was an acrylic grout product. In the bathrooms (except the floor) they used another product to prevent mold & mildew, but not the same stuff they used on all the tile flooring.

Now all I use is a microfiber cloth (purchased a bunch at Sams) and after we shower we just wipe down the wall with this cloth and it works better than a squeegee because the cloth goes into the grooves of the grout.

Once a week I use a cleaning product I purchased at Fresh Market because they sell cleaning products that are gentle and non toxic. The guy that sealed my tile told me not to clean with the regular cleaning products as they are too harsh. I just spray my cleaner on the wall and wipe with my microfiber cloth and that is it. I am not spending 1/2 spraying water trying to clean bubbles off the tile now and I would never use a harsh product on my tile.

It is so easy to keep clean, we love it. Good luck.