View Single Post

Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Unhappy Beware Century Link "package"

I have been tricked by Century Link and Direct TV
After having Comcast almost double my combined internet and cable TV bill, I call Century Link about a package of internet and TV. I was told they would do dsl internet and would have Direct TV do the TV portion at a package price much better than I was paying. I said great - let's do it.
Direct TV hooked up in three days and had me sign a two year contract. Century Link was supposed to hook up next day, but cancelled and said they would call back in 3-5 days with a new date for hooking up internet.
No on ever call back. I call them one or twice a week for a month with no satisfaction, said they were out of parts.
Found out from Century Link yesterday that they cannot deliver DSL where I live in the Villages and cancelled their portion of package. Direct TV said too bad you signed a two year contract with us and cannot cancel without a $20.00 a month cancelation fee for balance of contract.
Seems Century Link made money selling me Direct TV even though they could not deliver what was promised. i wonder if that is how the TV got hooked up so fast.
Now I have to suck it up and pay comcast to hook up a separate line for my internet because Direct TV is using the inside wiring. Then in two years I will be a new customer for Comcast and they will give me a good deal.
BEWARE - BEWARE - BEWARE