View Single Post

Old 12-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I don't understand the big commotion because Century Link is not available in your neighborhood. Essentially CL gave you bad information but now that you know the facts you're staying with Comcast for telephone and internet. So you were mislead, the only that thing that's changed is you are getting the superior Directv for your television instead of crappy Comcast Cable, I don't see the problem. You signed a two year contract and you can't break it, they did give you free installation and it's a little more involved than hooking up cable, there is a satellite dish upon your roof.

I dropped Comcast in 2008 and went with Directv, in which case for less money I received twice as many HD channels. Plus if you're into premium channels, how does ten Showtime HD channels instead of one like on Comcast sound to you or eight Starz in HD, or eight HBO in HD or eight Cinemax in HD instead of one each like on Comcast. If you're into NFL Football such as I, you can watch any game on Sunday because of NFL Sunday Ticket instead of watching the crappy Jacksonville Jaguars or Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You don't know how good you've got it.

When I moved here in July the first thing I did when my furniture arrived with my TV's and Directv boxes was to get Directv hooked up. So I have Century Link for my phone and internet, it's good but it's not cheap. With tax I pay $75 a month for home phone with unlimited long distance and internet with 10mbps speed. You're probably getting a better price from Comcast and with phone and internet there is not much they can mess up.