View Single Post

Old 01-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Sage
Default Another day.... another thought

I re-read my post from last night and wanted to add some clarification. I am not in the camp that believes this is complete snake oil.

Sulfation of the batteries is what us electric cart folks are trying to prevent by good maintenance. There are many smart people that believe these desulfator products will in fact help prevent sulfation over time which leads to extended battery life. I have yet to cross that bridge for the $150+.

I have experimented with another desulphator product trying to "revive" a four year old pack last year. I did NOT see any positive signs from that test.

I have never read of this product hurting a new pack, so if you get a good price, I say why not? What is the harm except you are out $150. Always remember, these products do NOT replace good maintenance. Part of good maintenance is to not discharge your pack so deeply that the get damaged. There was a post in the last couple of weeks on extending battery life which I cannot find which summarized good maintenance nicely.