View Single Post

Old 06-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,290 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Mike Brey's (Notre Dame basketball coach) parents
Nancy Lopez and Ray Knight (part-timers)
The Shadow
Who is the Shadow?? I do see someone on TOTV with that name but have no idea who this is.

I was famous in a circle for about 15 seconds back in 1989 at the American Association of Law Libraries meeting back in Reno, Nevada as the cataloguer of all the WESTLAW computer files. This was for a national project working in conjunction with the SUNY at Buffalo which was doing the LEXIS computer files.

Going back to Reno, Nevada in 1989 brought back a lot of memories of my searching for materials in Reno area libraries for materials to help out survivors of violent and other crimes stemming from my personal connection to the February 24, 1976 murder of Michelle Mitchell near the University of Nevada, Reno campus. Michelle Michelle was the daughter of my then high school English teacher, Barbara Mitchell, in 1976 and February 24 is also my birthday.

I tried to use my WESTLAW computer cataloger status to help survivors/victims of crimes by getting practical materials for them into various kinds of libraries. I had many successes from 1992 onward but probably just as many failures with getting practical materials into libraries of all types.

Had 24 nominations to Marquis Who's Who publications from 1992 through 2002. Also got a letter from Hillary Clinton, then First Lady, that she was going to help me with this by doing something about this niche with respect to practical information for survivors of crimes by putting this into her Health Care Reform efforts.