View Single Post

Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Windshield cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
The acrylic (or plexiglass?) windshield in my Club Car had swirls and fine scratches on it...probably from using paper towels and windex to clean it. Searched the internet and found a product called Novus 2 fine scratch remover was highly recommended.

The Harley Davidson store in Lake Sumter carries an 8 oz container of Novus 2 for $5.95 which was as good as any online price. I bought it and it took all the swirls and scratches out...the windshield is clear as glass. Also used it on the headlights and tail lights of my car as well as the clear plastic part of the sunbrella enclosure of my golf cart.

This stuff really works.

They also have a #1 that is a cleaner/polisher and #3 that is for heavy scratches. Haven't tried those.

Just an FYI for those golf cart owners having trouble seeing out the windshield.
I was just told that the reason for compromising a windshield is using a cleaner with ammonia in it. I havea suggestion. I used creamy peanut butter to clean and remove scratches from DVDs. I bet it would work on the winshield also. Just try an out of the way corner.

When God made me he said Ta Da!