View Single Post

Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbace6 View Post
I was wondering about the possibilty of changing the the view/placement of the Lake Sumter Landing webcam. The Spanish Springs webcam is great! But to be honest the LSL webcam is a bit boring. Very little chance of watching the carts go around the square and very little people watching in general. I would like to see a view similar to SS, being that it is not straight on, but at an angle and much higher.

The web cams are Axis security camera. The one at LSL is a Axis 231 PTZ and the one at SS is a Axis Q6032-E. And yes both can be pointed, tilted and zoomed in onto a location but NOT by viewers. When I was still working I would take a peek at the cams during my lunch hour and on a few occasions I caught the IT staff playing around with the cams. One day they zoomed in on a young babe unloading her van getting ready for Market Night at SS. The next day they were checking out what was being served on the tables at Margarita Republic.

Check out these two URL's and make sure the Stream Profile on the SS cam (above the image at the upper left) is set to Motion JPEG. On the LSL cam make sure the Video format is set to Motion JPEG. Have a big monitor then just click on the rectangle in the blue button below to view the cams full screen. ESC key will return things back to normal.

Live view - AXIS Q6032-E Network Camera

Live view - AXIS 213 PTZ Network Camera

Have Fun

VG