View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
I'm sure it was good. You can still learn to cook. I sent you a list of recipes. Just keep scrolling down on all the hyperlinks till you find one that sounds familiar to you.

Now, here's a different hyperlink and since I KNOW YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR, you will not be offended.....again, keep scrolling down on this one.

http://www.jmwebdesigners.com/italians/

This is cute. Second generation Italian Americans will “get it”.

Keep scrolling all the way down to the “sugared almonds” at bottom. All of my aunts had sugared almonds at their weddings.

Keep scrolling to the bottom, using the right hand downward arrow on your computer screen.
Loved it. Brought back good memories and so true!!!!!!!

1. Custom was wearing black for a year after husband’s death. No exceptions!
2. Grandmother didn’t speak fluent English and said "sangwich."
3. “Prince” is not spaghetti.
4. Nylons worn at ankles. LOL So true.
5. Wine sold at stores. LOL My father made his own and gave to family members.
6. A sin to eat meat on Friday’s.
7. Salad after dinner - My uncle did!!!!!
8. A friend of mine was beaten on the head with a broom after coming home drunk and being sick. He was in hs late twenties. LOL
9. Everyone did make their tomato sauce, didn’t they. LOL
10. What is macaroni without bread to dip in gravy. LOL
11. Uncles fought in a World War. One uncle fought the battle of the Islands, Coney Staten, Long. LOL.
12. Six male relatives named Joe. My family qualifies.
13. You relate on some level, admit it, to the Godfather and the Sopranos. I maka a meata ball you can't refuse! ...forrgetttabbboutit! badda bing! I admit it. Some people still have Godfather parties in the northeast. I have seen it so many times I can recite dialog. It is part of normal dialog for some people in the northeast.
14. Kids reached the height of my favorite aunt who was 4’ 11” but not my grandmother who was 6’ 1”. She was a big woman.

Thanks for posting this.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).

Last edited by 2BNTV; 12-05-2012 at 12:11 PM.