View Single Post

Old 12-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I just saw your question for the first time. The answer is quite simple. At first I simply made a phone call to the Barnstorm Theater and asked if they had 48fps. I was told no, the only theater that does have it in TV is Old Mill.

After getting the answer, I found the answer right here on TOTV and wound up myself on the head! On the upper left side of many pages there is a box labeled "Site Navigation" and in the selections there's "The Villages Movie Times" Clicking that brought me to the Fandango website where you can find not only all the theater schedules, but with a little searching around I found the information that also answered the 48fps question. Voila!!!
Thanks, Skyguy. Saw the movie The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Rotten Tomatoes this afternoon at the Old Mill Playhouse in what I expect was 48 fps and 3D.

Did not get vertigo as I thought I might. On a funny note, I do not remember the book The Hobbit being all that much of a thrill unlike the flick. The movie does have long periods of character and plot development but also has a lot of good action scenes.

I did though think someone was snoring in the theater until I discovered that was actually in the movie and when people got up to go to the restroom during this 3 hour creature extravaganza, I expected one of the many monsters coming out of the film to take a chunk out of them.