View Single Post

Old 12-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I grew up in eastern Iowa. At Christmas time, we would make Tom & Jerry holiday drinks -- non alcoholic for those not of legal age, and for those 21 and over, they were served with rum and brandy. How many TOTV members are familiar with Tom & Jerry's?

When I moved to Chicago in the late 1970's, very few people were familiar with Tom & Jerry's and that is still the case. I have to go back to Iowa at Christmas for my Tom & Jerry's.
My Mother and Father served Tom and Jerry's New Years Day for all their friends who were hung over from New Years Eve for many years. My wife and I have also had many New Years Day Tom and Jerry parties over the years. I inherited my great grandfathers Tom and Jerry bowl and 12 cups. He owned a tavern in central Missouri in an area they call Little Rhineland, and served from the Tom and Jerry bowl over the holidays around the turn of the 19th and 20th century. Tom and Jerry's are delicious, but loaded with sugar and not good for a borderline diabetic.