View Single Post

Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM

Because of our recent experience, I can recommend Park'N Go. For our December cruise we tried off site parking for the first time and were very pleased. Anticipating parking "delays" we left the Villages earlier than usual. We pulled into Park'N Go, stopped under a portable shelter as directed, and our luggage was immediately placed aboard a waiting shuttle. We walked about 10 steps to board that shuttle. We were the 4th couple to board after which the shuttle immediately left for the port. The van itself was very clean and comfortable.

The shuttle dropped us at the designated unloading area for our ship. The driver transferred our bags to the waiting porters and we proceeded to check in.

The time spent between arriving at Park'N Go and arriving at the unloading area was probably less than what it would have taken us to park at the pier. We didn't have to stop at the Security Gate, nor wend our way to unload, then into the garage, and then walk back to the dock.

After our cruise, we waited in the shuttle loading area for about 5 minutes. The driver loaded our luggage and collected the yellow ticket we were given at departure. He apparently calls ahead to the lot because the cars of the shuttle passengers were waiting in line when we arrived there.

By booking ahead, the cost was $8.47/day ($7.99 + 6% tax). At the port we've paid $15/day. Wish I'd known about Park'N Go several cruises ago.

I've already made Park'N Go reservations for a future cruise.

Here's their site:

bookparkngo