View Single Post

Old 10-11-2013, 04:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
the best thing to do now is to buy a couple of those brew your own coffee 'cups' for it. it is the least expensive way to enjoy the coffee you like - 25-35 cups for around 6.00 instead of the .50-.75 per cup using k-cups....and yes, brew a pot of coffee for the crowd, been to a party where only keurig was used..awful, people complained afterward that it took forever to get coffee -- 2 to 3 minutes a cup times 10 people was more like 40 minutes for the last person to get a cup.
Well, we had our first two cups when it arrived yesterday.....after set up.
Set up went very easily. It actually came with a starter set of the K-cups.
(My two assortments will arrive later today)

I tried the Green Mountain since we live in the Green Mountain state.
Less than one minute for the coffee to fill the cup. Mild but tasty and very fragrant. Very hot. Like that.

Hubby tried one of the more robust stronger K-cups.....can't recall the name. He likes his coffee strong and thought it was very good.

He seems to like the new gadget.

I do "hear you" about a big crowd. I have other coffeemakers.

But, for us, I think it will be very nice. I do understand what others said about it taking time to decide which particular "coffee" we prefer.

This morning hubby had Nantucket by Green Mountain and he liked that, even though it was milder than his robust one yesterday.

The bad thing was that we tried the coffee at about 4 p.m. after setting up the machine and soaking and rinsing the filter, etc. running the water through, etc....so it was late for us to be drinking coffee..........and he couldn't fall asleep last night. Today, we will just try it for an early lunch.

When our kids come home at Thanksgiving......some do not drink coffee, while the ones who do, get up at different times.........I don't see a problem with waiting for under one minute for a cup. It was super fast.

p.s. He had mentioned getting one of those filters to brew the coffee we have stocked in the pantry..........which, as you mention, can be used in the Keurig.

When the bigger assortment arrives today (two boxes of 150 each...so 300 K-cups), my own opinion would be to use them.....and keep our regular coffee for "if" we need to make it for a larger crowd in one of our other coffee makers.

Thank you.
And thank you all.......I'm glad I got it.