View Single Post

Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Had dinner there last night with my far, far too good look'en GF for me.

Nice place. Well done up scale, Fla cracker, fish camp kinda motif. Nice indoor and outdoor dining areas with small'ish indoor bar area. Down stairs is a large outdoor bar that was a pretty happening scene with a band playing. BIG beach area on the lake with floating docks large enough for 20 25 boats to tie off.

Service was good and the staff was trying hard ... for their 4th day they are off to a good start.

Decent beer selection (they did New Belgium Fat Tire on tap) but considering they had $80.00 bottles of Champagne on the menu, I thought the beer selection would/should have more craft and micro brew selections.

Food was VERY good! Excellent smoked fish dip (Mahi & Wahoo) for starter. GF & I shared a bowl of gumbo (it was every bit as good as Del Rio's Cafe I mentioned above) and Shrimp-n-Grits ... very, very good. Even though we were stuffed (nice sized portions of all 3 of the above) ... we simply could not resist trying the Sunset Orange Cake and it was outstanding! with a wonderful fresh orange flavor.

Entree prices are in the $12 - 20.00 range. For the quality and portion, I think they are very fairly priced.

Both owners came around and chatted us up in a genuine kinda way .... both nice guys and I wish them well ... I think they will.

I can assure you that we will be back and taking friends with us!