View Single Post

Old 12-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Scientific studies are constantly skewed to who is doing them. You can't believe them all.
I agree. Some studies are funded by the food industry.

Quote:
Lets's see....Coffee is good, coffee is bad; margarine is good, margarine is bad; vitamins are good, vitamins are bad; this is good, this is bad.
I agree. All the food items you mentioned can have both good and bad aspects to them.

Quote:
It just goes on and on.
I choose to look at the positive side: There are lots of whole food items where there is either very little or no debate. My diet consists of lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nut & seeds. And on rare occasions a little chicken, turkey or wild caught fish.

Mostly, the debate goes "on and on" for those who don't like natural whole foods. For those who eat mostly processed foods, there will always be some debate as to how good or how bad those foods are for your health.

Quote:
Good genes, common sense and moderation will get you just as far as most enhancements or restrictions the current "scientific study" is claiming will extend your life.
Do you recommend good genes? I'll have to remember to get some, the next time I go to the gene store. I've been meaning to do that but never seem to get around to it.

Common sense: My common sense tells me to limit processed foods to a few items like olive oil, Ezekiel bread and whole grain pasta. (Cooking is a form of processing too and I do some cooking.)

Moderation That which I have outlined above I consider to be moderation. I don't believe in eating a moderate amount of fast food. My common sense tells me not to do that.

Note: My common sense may be different than your common sense because I have actually studied health and nutrition for quite some time. So maybe I should call it an uncommon educated sense. Not that I know everything about health and nutrition, that's impossible; it's an ongoing process of learning; but I think I know more than the average person.