Thread: Riccardi's
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by al & jane View Post
We went with friends a week after opening and would give it a C+ overall. One of our salads had a bug in it so our friend gave it to one of the owners who didn't apologize, just walked away with it and never returned with a fresh one. She finally had to ask the server to bring another one and the server didn't apologize either. I had chicken francese which was good but it was served over the tiniest portion of pasta I have ever had. Since that is the least expensive part of the meal, restaurants normally pile it on. Wife's pizza was good but nothing extraordinary.

Probably will not go back but predict that, like Red Sauce, it will stayed packed during the season and be a success not because of the food and service but because of the prime location in the square and that most of us love Italian food.
We thought the same. I don't understand why they are not more generous with the pasta. Mezza Luna does the same thing when ordering an entree that comes with pasta. We were sitting across from a couple and they brought the gentleman what appeared to be chicken parm. I thought wow he ordered it without spaghetti. You could see his look of disappointment, but said nothing. Wrong. The mini portion was under the chicken. So little you could not see it. Restaurant owners listen. The pasta costs so little, but it will make your customer feel satisfied and that he got his money's worth. I must also address the noise and harried atmosphere at Riccardi's. Nice lighting etc, but I find the staff literally running here and there. This does not add to a relaxing dining experience. Been there twice. Not impressed.