View Single Post

Old 04-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
In May of 2008 I did an LSP at the Lakeshore Cottages. In May of 2009 I did an LSP at Creekside. I just figured the moving of the buffalo was an economic decision. Still do in fact.

You are right of course. Many landholders EVERYWHERE keep livestock on unused lands because it puts it into agriculture instead of residential status
and drops the tax fees some. I am sure that is what the Morses did but I do believe that the founder, Harold Schwartz was fond of them.

BUT the straw that broke the camels back was when folks ignored the DOUBLE fencing and would bring their grandkids up close and personal to feed these big hairy critters carrots and that was o.k. until it got to be time for the buffalo's to be moms and that made them ornery and protective and dangerous. You would think with the hue and cry of moving them that a lot of folks moved here for the buffalo. AND that may be true but I am not one of them. They aren't domestic pets and they don't get me feeling like I would like to take them home.

Like I feel about Brad Pitt, don't cha know?