View Single Post

Old 04-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Platinum member
Post Let's be logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I understand your concern, but that was not the fault of the gater. Maybe it is part of natures plan "survival of the fittest". I feel sorry for the Old Woman, but don't kill all wildlife that takes advantage of the week or the old.
By what aberration of logical thought was it "not the fault of the gator" and how do you glean that from the article as published?

Just because the elderly woman was found in the water does not mean that she had been in the water prior to the attack. Gators commonly come on land, grab their prey and take it into the water. That's why pet owners are cautioned to keep them away from waterside where gators are known to frequent.

Besides which, the 17 year old boy who lost an arm, mentioned in the same article was attacked while swimming. Do you suggest that there be no more swimming in the non-coastal waters of Florida? Was his loss also "not the fault of the gator?"

I guess we should also not swim in Florida's coastal waters since there are sharks in those waters.

-----------------

"Don't kill all the wildlife that takes advantage of the weak or the old?" ARE YOU KIDDING? There are 1.3 million alligators in the state of Florida. I would kill as many as it takes to keep humans safe. There is no place among us for nuisance alligators.

Besides which..........................they are tasty.