View Single Post

Old 04-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas
Default Here is the scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
It's not snake oil and studies have shown it works. Not everyone gets the same results. The low level laser disrupts the membrane of the fat cell causing release of stored lipids. It was approved for this purpose a few years ago by the FDA and before that it had been used "off label".
There are studies that can "prove" just about anything. This is no exception. I can tell you that about 30% of the people "want" it to work - so they say they "see" improvement. So, here is how it goes: 100 people get the procedures and of those 100, only 30 "think" they can see improvement. They are hard-pressed to say they spent $2000+ unwisely. In reality, very few show substantial results. Also, the long-term effects of the procedure are still unclear. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS PROCEDURE FOR ANY PATIENT OF MINE. $2000+ is alot of money. This isn't like spending a few bucks for a massage to see how you like it. My patients would expect RESULTS for that kind of money.
Since I have been in this business for almost 20 years, don't waste your money. Liposuction is invasive but very successful. But your best investment IS diet and exercise. For small areas - consider lipo rather than these nearly "charlatan treatments".

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball