View Single Post

Old 07-11-2014, 04:55 PM

HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH THE ABOVE -- although ethnicity does not guarantee expertise -- it certainly gives you an edge in being able to claim expertise when you have grown up with excellent Italian food being cooked and served everyday of the year from three generations of Italian cooks, (my Grandmother would have considered it a failure to eat out in a restaurant when the food was so much better at home) expertness can be certainly learned and discerned by repeated exposure to good quality as experienced in dining from some of the numerous Italian eating establishments in the 5 boros of New York and the suburbs (and also by having taken over 30 trips back to the "homeland" with your aunties and Grandmothers) -- certainly I value my judgement on things that I have a great understanding and familiarity with -- and that knowledge is what I base my opinion that it is just not the taste of my mothers cooking in comparison -- I DO KNOW that this meal was prepared well and authentically AND I STAND MY MY CRITIQUE THANK YOU VERY MUCH