Thread: Texas Roadhouse
View Single Post

Old 11-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Check out their menu. Their only steak advertised as USDA "choice" grade is their sirloin. They say it's their most popular. That makes sense since the rest of their steaks are obviously of a grade less than "choice". So the rest of their steaks are graded "select" at best, and possibly even a lower grade. Doubt they'll qualify as excellent.

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu#!hand-cut-steaks
I rarely comment on the restaurant topics because everyone's taste is different, but we frequent all the chain steakhouses (Outback, Longhorn, Cody's, etc etc) but we LOVE the taste of Texas Roadhouse steaks compared to the others. Their steaks must be a different cut or maybe they just don't load them with seasoning like most chains to camouflage the quality of the cut, but their steaks are the closest thing to great steaks cooked on our grill. We always stop at Texas Roadhouse in Ocoee when returning from trips to Orlando. Prices are actually about $1 less for filets and strips (which we always order) vs Outback, Longhorn prices. They must be choice cuts. Honestly, I would pay more for their steaks. Take a 45 ride to Ocoee and try them. Just my opinion.