2013 Yamaha Gas Golf Cart Speed

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
The point is not the speeding, but the fact that if you have a golf cart capable of going over 20, it is legally no longer a golf cart but an unregistered vehicle voiding your insurance coverage. Larger civil penalties in the event of an accident are likely since driving a modified unregistered vehicle is negligence.
What if your golf cart can go over 20mph and the accident shows you were doing less than that speed?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
What if your golf cart can go over 20mph and the accident shows you were doing less than that speed?
If the cart is CAPABLE of exceeding 20mph, then you have voided your insurance policy.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
If the cart is CAPABLE of exceeding 20mph, then you have voided your insurance policy.
I agree! My understanding is that if there is an accident that involves injuries, the insurance company may want to have the golf cart examined to see if there were any modifications which would enable it to exceed 20 MPH. If so, then your golf cart is not a golf cart anymore, but a street legal vehicle and not properly registered and insured. Your insurance company would probably not be liable to pay any claims for injuries.

Tough price to pay if you wanted a faster cart to get to Happy Hour 2 minutes quicker.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Question: Has anyone seen or heard first hand someone getting a ticket for going higher than 19.5. In 5 years I can honestly say I have never seen a golf cart pulled over on our trails,and cannot remember one on our streets. How about it?
While traveling north on Morse between 466 and Spanish Springs yesterday, my wife and I saw 3 vehicles pulled over by police in 3 different locations. 2 were golf carts and 1 was a car. We suspect it was for speeding, but do not know for sure.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to msm1948

Keep it at 23 mph just to be safe
Old 02-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Gold member

So next Question. So carts have been pulled over on the street,I can understand that. Has anyone been pulled over for speeding on our trails .....
Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM
Eternal Member

Just the other day the SCSO had one of the remote radar trailers set up in the front yard of a home on Kingston Way in the village of Winifred. This is the short cut that is just past Palmer and takes you to behind Laurel Manor. This was a nice stretch of flat open roadway that allowed you to check your speed. And of course the GPS always will work.

VG
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.