2017 Yamaha EFI Gas Carts

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM

Ordering our 2017 Yamaha gas cart today. Shopped all around and Carts and Clubs stands way above the others. Make sure you check them out before you buy. They are worth the look.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

Drove the new 2017 Yamaha and we also love it. Almost as quiet as electric. I just don't like the idea of taking the hit on buying new for $13,000 when I can wait a year or 2 and buy a used one for $8,000 (ish)
If only money grew on trees here !

Old 09-23-2016, 05:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Perhaps it will never occur but my inclination is to wait to see if this new change over has any glitches.

Club Car went from their very successful and well built DS series to the Precedent in 2004. The cart had a number of failings and according to my repairman who worked many years at the Club Car plant in Atlanta it about sent the company broke. Club Car eventually worked its way out of this mess however, my repair guy always maintained that the club car DS was the best built
Old 09-24-2016, 08:12 PM

Well, our 2017 gas Yamaha is due to arrive at the house this coming Monday morning. Can't wait to put some miles on the od. Happened to have just the color we wanted in stock(think they had 2 new ones). Another great buying experience with Carts and Clubs. They are #1 on our list.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:15 PM

We received our new golf cart and it is better than expected. The factory installed -with factory warranty is far superior to store installed wiring, etc. is such an amazing "security blanket". I know you can get a similar golf cart with store/shop installation, but this family prefers the factory warranty. It is indeed incredibly quiet, all of the neighbors and friends have agreed! The duel reclining and adjustable seats are perfect for the short or long legged drivers without needing the little pillows.The new LED lights are fabulous. All in all, I highly recommend Brandon and his crew at Colony. Enjoy your travels around The Villages.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Default Carts & Clubs in Ocala

I just bought mine In Ocala!
I saved about $800 and got a much better windshield with the lower fold, no black line, and the vents at the bottom. I looked at the Yamaha at Brownwood and did not like the sunbrella at all. I think they just do a better job.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I am looking at both Carts and Clubs and TV golf store. They each say their accessories and lights, etc are better than the other. So for those of you with opinion (lol) here is what I am working through:

Does the new valance in TV golf carts have risk of cracking? Clubs and Carts uses the older style soft valance with snaps.

What about the electrical? TV tells me C&C ruins the Yamaha warranty by rewiring. C&C tells me not true and in fact they put in a better wiring system that will not burn things out like TV wiring. T of F?

Light: TV tells me they use cheaper lights at C&C. C&C tell me they use high quality LED lights and not strips and their lights are much brighter. T or F?

Windshield: C&C have a windshield that opens like the old ones but also has vents. TV has a windshield that stays closed on the top but has a pop up open on the bottom. Comments of what you like and why please.

One poster said the Sunbrella material was better at C&C. What do others think who have bought about the quality of the Sunbrella at C&C vs TV? TV says C&C manufacture them cheaply and also use a "dungaree" zipper at C&C, meaning a cheap zipper. T or F and comments.

Mirrors: C&C used round mirrors as they say visibility is wider and better and they mount them inside. Says big foldout mirrors have blind spot that is dangerous. TV says C&C uses cheap round mirrors that are not as good. Comments?

Service: C&C says they have repair trucks every day in TV for service. TV says they give the best service. I have bought carts at TV and used their service and it is excellent. How is C&C service for those who have used it?

I need to hear from people who have the experience with the 2017 carts as things are somewhat different on those carts, so those are the comments I am looking for. Thanks so much! It is crazy making deciding who is telling it like it is on these different topics.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:58 PM
Veteran member

Another point.. I believe C&C sets the speed at
23-34 mph and TV @ 20 (or a little less)

Old 01-25-2017, 12:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
I am looking at both Carts and Clubs and TV golf store. They each say their accessories and lights, etc are better than the other. So for those of you with opinion (lol) here is what I am working through:

Does the new valance in TV golf carts have risk of cracking? Clubs and Carts uses the older style soft valance with snaps.

What about the electrical? TV tells me C&C ruins the Yamaha warranty by rewiring. C&C tells me not true and in fact they put in a better wiring system that will not burn things out like TV wiring. T of F?

Light: TV tells me they use cheaper lights at C&C. C&C tell me they use high quality LED lights and not strips and their lights are much brighter. T or F?

Windshield: C&C have a windshield that opens like the old ones but also has vents. TV has a windshield that stays closed on the top but has a pop up open on the bottom. Comments of what you like and why please.

One poster said the Sunbrella material was better at C&C. What do others think who have bought about the quality of the Sunbrella at C&C vs TV? TV says C&C manufacture them cheaply and also use a "dungaree" zipper at C&C, meaning a cheap zipper. T or F and comments.

Mirrors: C&C used round mirrors as they say visibility is wider and better and they mount them inside. Says big foldout mirrors have blind spot that is dangerous. TV says C&C uses cheap round mirrors that are not as good. Comments?

Service: C&C says they have repair trucks every day in TV for service. TV says they give the best service. I have bought carts at TV and used their service and it is excellent. How is C&C service for those who have used it?

I need to hear from people who have the experience with the 2017 carts as things are somewhat different on those carts, so those are the comments I am looking for. Thanks so much! It is crazy making deciding who is telling it like it is on these different topics.
I absolutely believe C&C builds a better quality cart. Hands down. If you are overly concerned about who to have service your cart, TV will service any cart and give you a free loaner.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
Wow I just drove the new 2017 Yamaha Very Quiet gas golf cart at The Villages Golf Cart Store in Sumter Landing and it was amazing. Anyone else checked these out yet??
I was given a 2017 Yamaha loaner from Village Golf Carts to use while mine was being serviced. It was very quiet and smooth except that the exhaust fumes nearly made me ill. I returned the cart and was issued another (this time with the sides rolled up) which wasn't as bad but still quite smelly. I asked the attendant why there wasn't a tail pipe to take the exhaust out to the side or rear of the cart and he stated that the 2017 didn't have a tail pipe. They exhaust right under the muffler. Am I the only one who has had this experience?
Old 01-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarracks View Post
I was given a 2017 Yamaha loaner from Village Golf Carts to use while mine was being serviced. It was very quiet and smooth except that the exhaust fumes nearly made me ill. I returned the cart and was issued another (this time with the sides rolled up) which wasn't as bad but still quite smelly. I asked the attendant why there wasn't a tail pipe to take the exhaust out to the side or rear of the cart and he stated that the 2017 didn't have a tail pipe. They exhaust right under the muffler. Am I the only one who has had this experience?
Dad is taking his cart back today to TV cart for the 4th time about this issue.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:05 AM
Gold member

Interesting as I drove one home to show my husband and the fumes were horrible. I asked about this and they said it resolves after a few hundred miles. Seems like a lot of fumes to be breathing until then. What about others? Have the fumes worn off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Dad is taking his cart back today to TV cart for the 4th time about this issue.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:39 PM

Wow Jane, that's a lot of questions! I'll share my opinions and experiences - hope they help.
We've bought and have service work done by both TV and C&C. We have had and currently own both gas and electric.
We decided to replace our '13 yamaha efi with the '17 yamaha model and we chose C&C. Could not be happier. Really quiet, better ride with the new suspension, nicer seats (our choice and worth it) and less stink! No gas smell due to different venting system and less exhaust stink - after the 100 or so miles it takes to burn off the varnish, etc that's a part of most any new manufacture. Approaching 1000 miles now and absolutely less exhaust stink than the efi.
valance - I don't know the answer to your question.
electrical - C&C wins hands down according to the Yamaha engineer I asked. No impact on warranty.
lights - seems like 6 of one / half dozen of the other to me
windshield - we went with folding and slide vents on the bottom. Folding a must for hot golf days. Not sure about the value of the vents but have learned to pick my battles with the wife.
Sunbrella - don't really see any difference in quality. Really like the ease of C&C rear window as I don't need a third hand to roll it back up.
mirrors - we have owned all styles and placement and appreciated C&C's willingness to do exactly what we wanted. Mounted at the folding seam below our eye line. Right side round mounted inside the frame, left side round mounted outside the frame. It's what works for us and doesn't make it right for anyone else.
Service - in our experience C&C wins hands down. Quick, on time, thorough, knowledgeable, neat, fair and nice folks. TV are nice folks but we've had some real issues with the competence of some of their mechanics.
Good luck with your decisions!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Interesting as I drove one home to show my husband and the fumes were horrible. I asked about this and they said it resolves after a few hundred miles. Seems like a lot of fumes to be breathing until then. What about others? Have the fumes worn off?
Jane, I think the fumes you're talking about are from a spray coating they use when they ship a Yamaha.
A nasty smell - but it supposedly goes away after a few hundred miles.
I'm more concerned about the fact that a Yamaha doesn't have a tail pipe and exhausts under the muffler.
Can anyone comment on these issues?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS Twopjt. I just saw your post and your comments based on 1,000 miles.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-25-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Gold member

I am not sure but I could see the smoke and it smelled horrible. And I could smell it as I was test driving. I would also like to hear from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Jane, I think the fumes you're talking about are from a spray coating they use when they ship a Yamaha.
A nasty smell - but it supposedly goes away after a few hundred miles.
I'm more concerned about the fact that a Yamaha doesn't have a tail pipe and exhausts under the muffler.
Can anyone comment on these issues?
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, golf, gas, yamaha, landing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.