2017 Yamaha EFI QuieTech at Village Discount Golf Car

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2017, 05:54 PM
Default Third time is a charm!

I just bought my third golf cart from Village Discount Golf Carts. Great to deal with, awesome service at super price. Saved a bunch of money again. fullsizerender-1-jpg
Old 05-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Villages Discount Golf Carts gives a five year guarantee with it refurbished models.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Just purchased my new golf car from Phillip at Village Discount Golf Car. Great customer service, exceptional knowledgeable, and great price! Told him my budget and he exceeded my expectations with no haggling! No fee cart delivery, warranty, and 6-month courtesy roadside assistance in case of emergency. At delivery, Jim (manager) explained in detail operation and recommended maintenance schedule. Highly recommend Village Discount Golf!
Old 05-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
The Villages Golf Cars DOES NOT "give you a cart for free" if you have company for their use.
They have given me a cart for free for company use. It is a basic model, no quiet tech, no enclosure. And it goes as fast as their other rentals, about 18mph. For that reason I only took advantage of that offer once, and after that rented a cart elsewhere.

Now I have two carts, one is a quiet tech Yesteryear truck that holds four. It is quiet if you take the back seat out. Otherwise it squeaks like no tomorrow.

The other is an EZ Go electric. That baby is really quiet, and has much more pop when taking off from a full stop. It is definitely more fun to drive. We've found if you plug it in most nights you don't have an issue with distance. It goes 40 something miles on a full charge, and we aren't really into spending more than 40 miles in a golf cart in a single day.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by don t View Post
Why not just go to Carts and Clubs in Ocala? They are a Yamaha dealer and deliver fully equipped cart for less money than TV carts
I 2nd that; I got my '15 there and my wife just ordered her new '17 from David Johnson at Carts and Clubs last week. More accessories for less money - a no-brainer.

The couple that bought her '11 got a great cart because I spent the last 2 years making sure everything was right after the repetitive issues we had with it and The Village Discount Golf Carts; good riddance to them, if we had known then what we know now, we wouldn't have spent our hard earned money there.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
Now I have two carts, one is a quiet tech Yesteryear truck that holds four. It is quiet if you take the back seat out. Otherwise it squeaks like no tomorrow.
Oh yikes! I have a Yesteryear Truck that holds four on order for the Fall when I return. Please tell me it won't squeak!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Oh yikes! I have a Yesteryear Truck that holds four on order for the Fall when I return. Please tell me it won't squeak!
I haven't taken mine back in for that issue. They might be able to fix it by permanently installing the back seat.

When I first got mine I was bringing two folding chairs back from the square and the tailgate broke off the back. They had to make a new tailgate, and I noticed it attaches much tighter. I think the Villages Cart folks are still fairly new at the Yesteryear carts and aren't quite there with the fit and finishes. I did look all over for a way to get a quiet tech cart with hard half doors somewhere else but I didn't find any other options.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I haven't taken mine back in for that issue. They might be able to fix it by permanently installing the back seat.
When I first got mine I was bringing two folding chairs back from the square and the tailgate broke off the back. They had to make a new tailgate, and I noticed it attaches much tighter. I think the Villages Cart folks are still fairly new at the Yesteryear carts and aren't quite there with the fit and finishes. I did look all over for a way to get a quiet tech cart with hard half doors somewhere else but I didn't find any other options.
Thanks for the info. I hope the Villages Cart folks will fix any problems I have, and that I don't get a "lemon". There aren't a lot of options for cutesy carts. I drove a Street Rod but found it extremely noisy.
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, golf, bought, village, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.