Another golf cart debate.

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2016, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Talking Another golf cart debate.

Not gas vs. electric though, this one is between which is better....sunbrella's or permanent doors?

While I was reluctant at first to get a cart with doors, because of all the supposed negatives (more weight, hotter in summer, more expensive, etc.), I was finally 'convinced' by my beautiful wife to get one with doors.

She was tired of rolling down and up the sunbrella on our old cart, or just getting soaked, anytime a quick downpour caught her away from home. Not to mention the ability to open the doors in winter when the weather was nice, without constantly lowering and raising the sunbrella.

After a few years of having our Curtis Cab doors, I can now say that I would never consider another cart without some type of quick/easy permanent door. I do like the ones where you can slide the lower portion back without opening the entire door though and will be the one I choose with my next...electric...cart.

Let the debate begin.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:38 AM
Gold member

Agree completely!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Agree, depends on how much you use your cart and of course extra cost. Now which is better Curtis cab ( weight & cost ) vs Plexiglass lighter & cost ) enclosed. Some of us cost has to be included with same result. We can Also discuss cost & heat and air. Might as well do all the trim on the hog?
Old 08-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We have sunbrella type. Only put them down during downpours. Never understood the whole pull over, down, and back up every time it sprinkles thing especially when I need to cool off.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,305 Times in 540 Posts

It only takes about 1/1/2 minutes tops to enclose your cart with the sunbrella. Actually, I can do it in less than a minute but then I've had plenty of practice. My vote is for the sunbrella enclosure. Cost much less and you get lots more air. But to each his own.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:30 AM
Sage

I can see the upside of doors, but I need to put the flaps down so rarely...only for a strong, blowing rain...that it's simply not an issue for me.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:00 PM
Sage

A friend of mine said the Curtis cab type doors would rattle a lot as I prefer electric, as it is so quiet. I too am tired of pulling down the flaps but not ready to give up on my present cart, as it is running exceptionally well.

Maybe in a couple of years and then who knows, what will be available?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Gold member
Smile

I have had carts with curtis cab and mee doors. I wouldn't have a cart now without some type of doors. The last cart I purchased was a Parcar and they had curtis cabs available. However they also had a curtain which I liked much better. It slides forward and attaches to the front of the cart with velcro. This works well and I don't feel any drafts. Of course it's lighter than either a curtis cab or an mee enclosure. I haven't seen any of these enclosures on any other carts so assume this is only available from Parcar.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 08-22-2016, 05:13 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

For a snow bird who wants to stay warm and dry during the winter months, it’s hard to beat my previously owned Parcar. I enjoy seeing other cart covers flapping in the wind.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Parcar.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	61685  
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, doors, electric, debate, door

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.