are two carts needed

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Default are two carts needed

My spouse and I were wondering if we need 2 carts?

We have a 2011 Club Car, and are testing out a 2001 Club Car which was reconditioned in 11/09. Both carts are electric. This is our first year in the Villages, and as such a lot of visitors are coming in the next several months. I play golf about 4 times per week, but my wife does not. She thinks if we had another cart that she would use it a least 2 days per week.

The reconditioned cart looks to be in great condition cost is 2k. Any experiences from long time Villagers would be appreciated.

Happy New Year to all!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

Does your wife go to the rec center classes or other activities? Do you have a car? My DH would feel housebound if we didn't have an extra vehicle as I am out a lot. Some couples seem to go everywhere together and so one cart seems enough. Each person has to figure out their own comfort level. It would be handy to have an extra cart for company and that sounds like a serious concern in your case as you are expecting quite a lot of visitors. You can always sell a cart later if it starts to get less use.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM

We have been full timers for almost three months. So far my wife has not gotten involved in any activities other then building our nest and shopping. She plans on becoming more active in the coming months. We have one auto a Honda CRV.

Love you signature!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Gold member

I put in a vote for in a cart ! You get a whole different view of this place two carts. I find it easier to get around by cart most of the time. At first it can be confusing, but you just have to go out and explore. Especially in the winter two carts are great, easier to park, etc... and gursts love to be in carts most of the time.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxman View Post
We have been full timers for almost three months. So far my wife has not gotten involved in any activities other then building our nest and shopping. She plans on becoming more active in the coming months. We have one auto a Honda CRV.

Love you signature!
Max
If your wife doesn't play golf you only need one cart...My wife does play and we still are contemplating how we can get rid of one of ours.....We only use two rarely and the extra room sure would be nice......AND everytime we go somewhere she wants us to go together.. So give it a lot of thought.....two carts double your cost in more ways than one if you get my jest .........You really can't go to far wrong either way......GOOD LUCK...
We have a 2 1/2 car garage and 1 1/2 are filled with (you guessed it) Christmas decorations....Its kind of like an old Missouri country road, CHOOSE YOUR RUT CAREFULLY AS YOU WILL BE IN FOR THE NEXT 20 MILES.....

Horse and wagon fumar....
Old 01-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

We have a 2011 Club Car, and are testing out a 2001 Club Car which was reconditioned in 11/09. Both carts are electric. This is our first year in the Villages, and as such a lot of visitors are coming in the next several months. I play golf about 4 times per week, but my wife does not. She thinks if we had another cart that she would use it a least 2 days per week.

The reconditioned cart looks to be in great condition cost is 2k. Any experiences from long time Villagers would be appreciated.

Happy New Year to all!!!
One of the first things we did was purchase a second cart when we became full-time. Leave the car in the garage and enjoy the fresh air.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Platinum member

If full time I think two carts are the way to go...providing you can afford them. I think the perfect combo would be two carts and one car. But different strokes for different folks.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:38 PM

If you can afford two carts. You both can have the freedom to do what each wants. When together you of course can use one. Think of it this way. If your wife was the golfer would you want to always stay home. Getting around the villages in a cart is much better then using a car. You can slow down and start to enjoy life.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Default I think two carts are in order.

I think two carts is critical so nobody is left behind. If my wife is out in the cart doing her girl thing I don't want to feel stranded. I really question if we will keep a car. For the cost of the maintenance, plates, insurance etc. I may just want to rent a car if we want to leave the bubble. Enterprise is right there and will bring it to me if I need it. We did order Curtis cabs for the rainy or cool days that we have to run out. We are going to be frogs in 8 weeks.

Last edited by Oren L Miller; 01-01-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Sage

We have 2 carts and it works well for us. We have 1 car as well. I think folks who think they don't need a car might regret getting rid of theirs. We sometimes "doctor" in Ocala and sometimes shop up there as well. We also go into Leesburg for a few things now and a gain as well. You might use the car more than you think.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:

Happy New Year to all!!!
What does your wife say?
Old 01-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Sage

For us it is two electric golf carts and one car. Works great if we go our seperate ways and if we do not we double our range on a charge
Old 01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

We tried one cart for the first few months, but as the wife & I both play golf, we were playing in different groups at the same times. It was a real hassle for one of to call around to find a ride to the course every day. We now have 2 carts and it's working great for us. Certainly, anytime we are going to the same place or playing golf together, we take one cart..

So, 2 carts; one car....
Old 01-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Gold member
Default We have 2 carts (both electric) as well

and one car. I'm the only one (currently) who plays golf, but we both do lots of different things at different rec centers. Rarely does a day pass that we don't at least use one cart and probably 3 or 4 days, we use both carts. Plus, as another poster mentioned, when we know we've used one a lot, we will use the 2nd one to go out later.

We are finding we don't like going long distances at night in the golf cart, will use the car then, but will use a cart to go to a nearby rec center at night, or Lake Sumter landing, which is only a mile away for us. We really don't go the squares much for listening or dancing, but we do go to restaurants once or twice a week, or to the movies, or to Church on the Square for an occasional concert.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.