Club Car DS problems with GO/NO GO

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2017, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Club Car DS problems with GO/NO GO

I have a Club Car DS (48V) and it recently started to just not GO forward or reverse. I installed new batteries in January and just had a new Seloniod replaced trying to fix the problem. When the seloniod was replaced the cart worked for about 3 days then again just stopped working. When I turn the key on and press the gas pedal, I do hear a click, I toggle the forward/reverse switch but nothing happens. All connections have been checked --no wires or bolts loose.

Any suggestions on what to do next? Is anyone familiar with resetting the Club Car On Board Computer (OBC). I found this tech bulletin and it sounds close to what I am experiencing!!
http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...ub-Car-OBC.pdf
Old 04-04-2017, 08:32 PM

Resetting the OBC is not your issue. Because you have a clicking solenoid means you have power going that far. Being that the solenoid has been changed, that should be ruled out. Are you sure they really changed it?
If it has been changed then it will normally fall to the Forward/Reverse switch or motor
Old 04-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Yea they changed It...I saw the new one and old one..did it at the house!

The reason I am thinking a reset of the OBC is the Technical Note I also posted states when you disconnect the battery/selonoid that would result in a "Soft" reset to the OBC...and that is what happened the cart ran for 2-3 days afterwards.

May still try the reset and a new forward/ reverse switch.

Thanks for your comment!
Old 04-05-2017, 08:17 PM

So you had a shop come out and they guessed it was the solenoid and changed it. Have them come back, as that was not the problem.
Don't continue to throw money at it, a good repair person will be able to figure it out if the problem is duplicated for them. No guess work involved.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I had a problem with a different model of Club car. The repair shop tested it over two days trying to duplicate the problem. Turned out I had a bad computer board. About 400 to replace.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, club, seloniod, replaced, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.