(( Golf Cart Batteries ))

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Default (( Golf Cart Batteries ))

My Club Cart Batteries are Dead...got 5.5 yrs out of the Trojans
(Need 6-8volt )
Who...Where ...Price Range ...Advice Appreciated !
Old 01-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruca View Post
My Club Cart Batteries are Dead...got 5.5 yrs out of the Trojans
(Need 6-8volt )
Who...Where ...Price Range ...Advice Appreciated !
Try American Cart Center...talk to Roger of Peggy

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Battery brothers have the best price...they also include new cables..
Old 01-29-2015, 10:14 PM

Battery Boys are best. They come to your house, do the battery swap and make sure you are good to go. They have many price ranges depending on the battery you want. You can check it out a their web site
Old 01-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Veteran member

We also got ours from Battery Boys.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:56 AM

I just called Spano and Battery Boys and Spano is $70 less than Battery Boys for the same model Trojan 875 batteries. Anyone know why? Obviously I can ask Battery Boys but looking for a good reason to spend that extra money when Spano sold me my last set 7 years ago and I had no problems with them.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Just guest but did you compare service? some one said batt. boys replace the cables and come to your home (nobody mentioned what Spano includes or does?) . 8 or so Cables aren't cheap. especially when connecting 6 to 8 batteries. IMO service out weighs price, doing quality job worth more IMO. So I would add that in mix if it was me.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:45 AM

I also place a high value on service but all I want is batteries not additional services. I was surprised after several posts on TOTV said Battery Boys had the best prices and that was not what I found.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

I sorry, the service I meant was installation of the batteries and any additional maintenance done (like replacing all the cables), not routine, annual, or preventive maintenance.

Pending on how much corrosion your old batteries produced, some time the cables corrode from the inside. Comparing the installation between the two was what I was referring to.

If Spano does the cables and the same service you may have your answer or if you don't care about new cable.

I've got electric cart and will eventually need batteries, so I have interest in your findings. Please post the results when you are done.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:19 AM

99 percent of the time you don't need new cables. So someone throwing in a new set of cables may not be as beneficial as it sounds. Are they a quality cable over what is being replaced with? Factory cables are pretty good.
I question the 75 dollars less also, are you going to be told you need additional parts? And that they won't be able to warranty the batteries if you don't have these parts installed? I have heard this before. I know club car owners are always told about the "black spot" on the in Board computer and that it needs to be changed when that not true.
Like so many things in life, if it's too good to be true.......
Old 02-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveblood19 View Post
99 percent of the time you don't need new cables. So someone throwing in a new set of cables may not be as beneficial as it sounds. Are they a quality cable over what is being replaced with? Factory cables are pretty good.
First congrats on 5.5 years! Second, I agree with what Steve says. It's like comcast providing you with channels you don't need so they can charge you more.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Sage

It surprises me to hear BB replaces cables. As Steve said, I would need to look at what they replace them with first. Keep in mind a set of 4 ga battery cables runs about $25 for 6 battery packs.

As far as price, I have found some differences in the past. At the time both companies had the same service. They removed old, cleaned up compartment and cables, replaced new batteries (neither replaced cables). See this old post:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...146-post4.html

My set of T105s just crossed the 5 year mark. I can see quite a difference this year in their performance. Noticeable when you ask for more volts coming out of a tunnel or up a hill. Need to take the cart out for a test run and see how far it can go.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:25 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Battery Boys

Hello, My name is Brad, I'm the owner of Battery Boys. If all readers will indulge me for a moment here is how and what we do for you.

Every job we do is with brand new batteries, never factory seconds, reconditioned or blems (like I have been accused of). With EVERY battery job your cart gets a thorough cleaning before the new batteries go in. Question - when is there a better time to clean all that corrosion from the battery compartment than before new batteries are installed? Corrosion is the cancer of a golf cart, just think what the next 3 to 5 years will do to your cart if you don't clean it? Sure, other installers will clean it too but ONLY if you ask them and ONLY if you pay extra. Now the price difference is very minimal.

New cables? The ones you get will likely be 6 gauge. If we replace cables we only use heavy jacketed 4 gauge cables, that is what most cart manufacturers recommend. However, we take the time to clean your cables with a wire wheel on a high speed drill so you get good connectivity. Plus we furnish stainless steel lock washers so vibration isn't prone to have a cable come loose on you. We also zip tie any loose wires so you are less likely to have a problem later.

All technicians drive company furnished trucks that are clearly marked plus they wear Battery Boys uniforms so that you know it is us when we pull up. 95% of our installs we do at your house so your cart never leaves your sight.

Truth is this is your cart and your investment - take the time to drive to each of our locations and meet us. I'm right here in Oxford about a half mile from the Walmart on HWY 466. Any of the other companies mentioned are 25 or more miles away (depending on where in The Villages you live). Keep that in mind if you have any kind of warranty issue.

Lastly if you want an unbiased service so you can compare each company call the Sumter County Sheriff's Office at 352-689-4600 and ask for the Seniors -vs- Crime Division, ask how many "unresolved" disputes they have on record for each company, I will let my record speak for itself.

So when you truly compare our service to others and make them do what we do automatically the dollar difference is minimal at best. But if what you really want is excellent service, people who will stand behind their work, someone that is based close to where you live then I want to be your battery guy. If cheap is all that interests you by all means there are plenty of people willing to do cheap work.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:30 AM

I had Spano put in 8 6 volt batteries.They were having trouble putting one of the batteries in so the guiy stood on the cart and used his foot to stomp on one of the batteries to get it to sit right.I would`t recommend Spano to put water in my battery.I had other problems with them put it doesn`t belong in this thread.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:28 AM
Gold member

I use my 6/6v cart about 4 months a year. Under average circumstances how long should they last? Do the decline a specific number of "range miles" each year? Once it is fully charged do you " super charge" it and plug it in again for a few minutes?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.