Golf Cart Enclosure Advice

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Default Golf Cart Enclosure Advice

Greetings to the Villages Forum!!!

My parents are moving to Florida and recently purchased a golf cart for their new home. I went with them to several dealers before they decided on their purchase. The dealers were talking about many options for Golf Cart Enclosures. They made mention of "The Villages" several times so I thought I would log on and ask the experts.
I want to buy my parents the enclosure as a housewarming/ moving gift. What are the my best options? What can I expect it to cost?

Thanks!

Adam
Old 02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Veteran member
Default MEE Enclosure

I highly recommend the Mobile Equipment Enclosure from meeinc.com It is made to fit your model of cart (Club Car, Yamaha or EZGo) in Northern Ireland and is shipped to you in about a week. It comes with installation instructions that any golf cart service company can install (or a really handy person, I guess). It has sliding doors and they can be half open, full open, full closed or anything in between. Remember to get it tinted so it filters the sun. Also, I have sliding back windows that are very handy. Look at their website. I think my total cost for the enclosure and the installation was about $1700. Great for rain and cool days.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Sage
Default Sunbrella curtains

I personally like the Sunbrella curtains and have them on my carts. I used Eugene at:
Eugene's Quality Golf Cart Enclosures
a couple of years ago and was very pleased. My father had two carts done last year.

You would expect to pay about $650 for side/back curtains, $100/seat and optionally $100 for roof cap.

An old thread exists here with some other vendors and other recommenadtions...and how mine turned out.
Enclosure for Club Car
Old 03-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I highly recommend the Mobile Equipment Enclosure from meeinc.com It is made to fit your model of cart (Club Car, Yamaha or EZGo) in Northern Ireland and is shipped to you in about a week. It comes with installation instructions that any golf cart service company can install (or a really handy person, I guess). It has sliding doors and they can be half open, full open, full closed or anything in between. Remember to get it tinted so it filters the sun. Also, I have sliding back windows that are very handy. Look at their website. I think my total cost for the enclosure and the installation was about $1700. Great for rain and cool days.
How are they in warm weather? I've seen them and they do look great. I'm just wondering if they would turn into ovens in the summer.

Thanks

David
Old 03-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran member

I don't have an issue with that. The tinting keeps them cooler inside and the back window opens up. You can drive with them open and it is the same as if you had the back sunbrella doors down, which is how I kept them. you can also open the windshield for a full blast of air, if you like. This is my second cart here and I bought this enclosure for both of them. When it rains, I don't get soaked while putting down those drippy 'shower curtains' otherwise known as sunbrella curtains. Also, it is very easy to enter and exit the cart. I always close up when I park and the interior stays cleaner than it would in an open cart. Also, the leather seats do not get as hot as the open carts. You are welcome to come and see mine.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM

Who installed your MEE enclosure. That is a great price.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:33 PM

Just read your second post and was wondering if we could come and see your enclosure. Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Sleekline Golf Cart Enclosure

I am aware of the Curtis Cab and MEE golf cart enclosures, but it wasn't until last week that I came across another enclosure, called Sleekline. I ran into someone in the Sweetbay parking lot who had one, and we spoke. I was favorably impressed, but we spoke for only 5 minutes. So I have limited knowledge.

Comments from anybody here who has a Sleekline enclosure, or knows of someone who does. Pros and cons? Here is the link:

SleekLine Cabins - Home of 1st Class Golf Cart Enclosures - HOME

Gene
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.