Ordering a Golf Cart Outside the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Default Ordering a Golf Cart Outside the Villages

Has anyone ordered a golf cart outside The Villages? In another state? What was your experience and what kind of service did they provide?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

I bought this one out of state and added the enclosure, 14" wheels, floor mat, etc. Im under $8000 complete and it's a 13 EFI Yamaha :-). It has everything. Sand bottle, mirror, deluxe led light kit, shopping bag, high speed, hard and soft cooler, tinted windscreen, ball/club washer
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380211323255.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	329.9 KB
ID:	21506  

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 AM

Do you have website of where you ordered? Do you have to pay fl tax when it arrives? Shipping? Color options available?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillagesAV.com View Post
I bought this one out of state and added the enclosure, 14" wheels, floor mat, etc. Im under $8000 complete and it's a 13 EFI Yamaha :-). It has everything. Sand bottle, mirror, deluxe led light kit, shopping bag, high speed, hard and soft cooler, tinted windscreen, ball/club washer
May I ask who services this cart for you? I think I had read an earlier post on here from a disgruntled citizen that none of the local dealers would service a golf cart bought online or out of state but I've had strange dreams before....
Old 09-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Sage

The local golf cart stores/dealers are competitive on pricing, and they provide excellent service. The Villages Golf Cart store is excellent for new and remanufactured carts, and beyond that I'd go no farther away than the reputable Ocala and Leesburg dealer(s) people use here.

I've seen people adamantly refuse TV Golf Cart stores because they think they'll save money, or because they don't want the developer to get one single more of their dollars.

But the tiny amount saved is not worth the aggravation when it breaks down and you have to wait for a dealer service group that comes into town only on certain days and hours, and then if they have to haul it to another city to work on it and deliver it in a couple of days. The local dealers have same-day turnaround for most service things.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
How much were you quoted here for same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie View Post
May I ask who services this cart for you? ....none of the local dealers would service a golf cart bought online or out of state ....
Any authorized must service a cart no matter where U buy it, just like car.
If they don't just call the factory, they'll get them a wake up call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
The local golf cart stores/dealers are competitive on pricing
you're kidding right?

Quote:
I've seen people adamantly refuse TV Golf Cart stores because they think they'll save money
They are correct, if you live in TV you R rich and you must pay more

Quote:
But the tiny amount saved is not worth the aggravation when it breaks down and you have to wait for a dealer service group that comes into town only on certain days and hours, and then if they have to haul it to another city to work on it and deliver it in a couple of days.
tiny like 3-4,000 dollars

never heard that before, bring it to any authorized dealer of your choice.

read the warranty.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
All this information but not who you bought it from ? Why is that a secret? is it not legal?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
How much were you quoted here for same?

Any authorized must service a cart no matter where U buy it, just like car.
If they don't just call the factory, they'll get them a wake up call.

you're kidding right?

They are correct, if you live in TV you R rich and you must pay more

tiny like 3-4,000 dollars

never heard that before, bring it to any authorized dealer of your choice.

read the warranty.
Hubby and I have a policy never to have people work on our cart that really don't want to work on our cart and may have an issuing with working on our cart. It kinda goes back to people who keep sending their food back to the kitchen at the restaurant, do so at your own risk.

And if you saved $3,000 to $4,000 difference in price on name brand cart by buying it online, I'd sure like to see the invoice to see where we're losing out. Now this is comparing apples to apples please....
Old 09-26-2013, 02:44 PM

bought a cart from a Tampa Dealer ..saved almost $3500.00 from the best deal I got in the Villages...Delivered to my door !!! Shop around !!! it's your money !!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Sage

Old 09-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I am highly impressed with people who are not swayed by the fact that they can save $3,000- $4,000 by comparing. Cart Dealerships both in Leesburg and Ocala can offer more for less which means much to me.

Let me see how many more 18 holes of golf can I play if I had $3,000 more? How many rib roasts could I buy? How many restaurants could I experience. How many.............................................. .............................
Old 09-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie View Post
And if you saved $3,000 to $4,000 difference in price on name brand cart by buying it online, I'd sure like to see the invoice to see where we're losing out. Now this is comparing apples to apples please....
You are exactly the type of customer the cart dealers here are looking for where they can charge more due to perceived value where it isn't.

"baileysdad" said he saved $3,500
and "TheVillagesAV.com " said he got it for less

If you want more proof ? just search Google, simple.

Oh I would send back my food if I didn't like it
Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I bought my cart in Mississippi, Doug Knight, http://knightrides.com, any color combination you want.

I won't let anybody touch my cart, I'd much prefer to do it myself and know that it's done correctly everytime but I like to play in the garage.

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 09-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Sage

There is more to this than getting the best deal - what are you actually getting on the cart. Curtains very vastly, tires, having the gears changed out, the extras the dealer adds to the bare bones cart they receive. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Sage

So I many to chose from 5-$6,000 new, see this page

Nice find.

Or pay about twice that local, is that correct?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.